Pro-Writer.com is committed to making sure your privacy is protected.
If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
Types of information
We may store your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Preferences on courses or services of interest
- Responses to surveys and questionnaires.
How we get your information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You bought or applied for a course, workshop or mentoring session
- You sent an enquiry about a course or service
- You signed up for a newsletter
- You responded to a survey or questionnaire.
What we do with the information
We use the information you give us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
The information we store may be used for:
- Delivering the online learning experience, event or service you signed up for
- Replying to your enquiries and feedback
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- Sending email newsletters about Pro-Writer courses and services, including Medium Writing Superstars and The Writers League.
- Updates about news, special offers, competitions and events.
What we don’t do with the information
- We do not store credit card details
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you are under 18, please inform a parent or guardian about your use of our site. We will need their consent for you to join our courses.
We’re committed to keeping your information secure. Although you should be aware that sending information over the internet is not 100% secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We regularly review and update these procedures.
Links to other websites
This site contains links to other websites. We do not have any control over those websites so this privacy statement does not cover them. This means that we cannot be responsible for the security and privacy of any information you provide while visiting those other websites. You should always check the privacy statement on the website you are visiting.
We engage others to serve newsletter advertisements and perform related services across the web and in mobile applications. You can learn more about interest-based ads, or opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
Opting Out of Targeted Advertising, Sharing, and Sales
We process personal information to understand and improve your experience with our Services and to serve you targeted advertisements. Some of these activities may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or “targeted advertising” under certain privacy laws. To opt out of preference-based advertising, use the form linked below. Note, this will not stop you from seeing sponsorships or advertisements in our newsletters, but those ads will be selected randomly rather than based on your known preferences.
Managing your information
Under US GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are to fulfil our contractual obligation to you where you have signed up for a course or service, or your consent.
If you want to withdraw your consent and be removed from our mailing list(s), you can do this at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in any email newsletters.
You have the right to know what personal data we hold on you, including asking us to:
- Correct any errors in the data we hold
- Restrict how we use your data
- Delete your data
- Send you a copy of your data.
If you want to speak to us about the personal data we hold, please email us at email@example.com